Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stakes Revisited

Back in July last year I finally finished making some stakes for my Burgundian army (the post can be found here: http://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/stakes-and-burgundy.html).  When I came to use them in a game a month later, I had it pointed out to me that the base was too narrow (as specified in the FoG rules).  That wasn't an issue, however their tendency to fall over was.  I steeled myself to rebase.

The stakes (small nails) had been set in a narrow strip of wood (coffee stirrer type thing) and I'd even put magnetic strip on them thinking that would give them some bottom weight.  The magnetic strip peeled off without too much trouble and then I took a gamble and glued them to some new magnetic strip cut to size.  They were then built up with plaster, painted and flocked.

Looking good.

Better still, all done.

I'm also relieved to see that stakes feature in the Impetus rules.  Time to make up an army list for my Burgundians so I can try them out with Impetus.

No comments:

Post a Comment