Tuesday, December 2, 2014

10e Regiment d'Infanterie Legere

I'm on the home stretch now.  After this unit there are just three British light infantry, one cavalry and one highland regiment to finish rebasing and sprucing up a bit (as well as change regimental facings). These are what remain of the big purchase I made a year ago. All those projects are currently underway and it will all be over by Christmas - now where have I heard those words before?

Apart from rebasing and giving them a new flag, I fixed a few paint chips and added in the trim on the boots.  All the rest of the paint work is from Dragon Painting Services.

The 10e Legere deployed in line for Napoleon's Battles.

24FrLT now in column.

A careful squint at the flag shows them to indeed be the tenth, although in this picture there is a plume in the way.

Now in march column.  Not exactly the right pose and in rebasing it took some work to make it so they would all mess, I mean mesh, together.

The so called "fancy" square.

The more practical "plain" square.

The matt varnish has worked well.  The muskets/bayonets and plumes had a prior protective coat of PVA glue.


8 comments:

  1. Splendid - these fellows will make a fine presence ion the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful looking unit and figures....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. The next unit coming out I hope will be as equally impressive and also one that has had a bit more work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Mark - you were missed at the club Wednesday night mate and Naps and Bickers were up to no good at all in the corner, as per usual! The PVA on the plumes and bayonets has me intrigued. Tell me more please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I varnish I paint a coat of PVA glue on parts that are at risk. It seems to help protect bayonets and swords. Once it is varnished it is not noticeable. Of course you only use a thin coat, like paint, so it dries clear and not with a white centre or anything.

      PVA is great stuff.

      Delete
  5. You've done well with them SoY, I've picked up figures done by dragon. Ice found them tricky to touch up, you've made a fine job of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've got a couple of units underway that have had a lot of work done to them - the DPS work is still there, but I've changed facings and added or removed other things.

      Delete